Synopsis

While vacationing in Mexico, two similar-looking young women find themselves caught in a chain reaction of mistaken identities. Amelia is a wealthy heiress and business owner, and Savannah is a sweet Mormon girl deciding whether or not to serve a mission. When they end up on the same flight to Phoenix, Savannah and Amelia unravel the sequence of events that wreaked havoc on their trips, and they make plans to resolve the subsequent misunderstandings. But their flight is cut short when the plane crashes, killing one of the young women and plunging the other into a world of intrigue and deceit where identity means everything.


To purchase, click on the picture

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Review by Nicole Giles

Nichole Giles-Author
I love it when people read my book...I love it even better when they like...and even better than that, I LOVE it when people say nice things in public about my book. Nicole Giles posted this on her blog:


"I’ve always been intrigued by the idea that everyone has a twin somewhere in the world, and Betsy Love did a great job of using this idea to weave a plot of danger and mystery, with nice little doses of sweetness and spirituality. I liked that we were able to see the story unfold from several different points of view, as it gave the story depth and tension that otherwise wouldn’t have been possible.

Favorite scene: a mud fight between Savannah and her brother Shawn in which Haley’s new lavender suit becomes a victim. The family dynamic there gave me even more reason to love the characters to which I’d already become attached. 


Since the identity switch theme has been recently done a few times, it was hard to feel like this was a fresh new idea. However, it was done in a completely different way and with enough tension that I was able to forgive the things that felt too similar or familiar. Admittedly, I was somewhat bothered by the bad-guy character (who shall remain nameless to prevent spoilers) who was falsely Mormon, but somehow held a temple recommend and planned (in more than one place in the story) to use it. That part was difficult to believe, and pulled me out of the story when it was brought up. But all in all, I enjoyed it nonetheless.

If you’re looking for a clean read filled with intrigue and mysterious tension, I recommend you pick up a copy of Identity and get reading."



Click here to see what she's also saying about Walnut Springs Press! Thanks again, Nicole for your awesome review! 


You can purchase her delightful LDS Humor book Mormon's Mishaps and Mischief here.

2 comments: